This is the "Home" page of the "College History Guide" guide.
Alternate Page for Screenreader Users
Skip to Page Navigation
Skip to Page Content

College History Guide   Tags: archives, ccfl, college history, flcc  

Use this guide to learn more about Finger Lakes Community College. This guide was created using items located in the FLCC Library Archives.
Last Updated: May 10, 2012 URL: http://libguides.flcc.edu/college_history Print Guide RSS Updates

Home Print Page
  Search: 
 
 

FLCC's Timeline of Events

1953-1965 - A group of Ontario County citizens, encouraged by County Supervisors, raise the idea of establishing a local community college. In 1958, the Loveless Report is released, followed by the Hetherington Report in 1960, recommending the founding of a community college in order to enhance the economic, social and political growth of the region. 

1965 - The Community College is officially established by the Ontario County Board of Supervisors.

1967 - The college is designated Community College of the Finger Lakes (CCFL).

1968 - Lincoln Hill approved as college campus location, First summer session classes held.

1969 - First commencement, 12 students received degrees. Lincoln Hill property officially purchased by Ontario County.

1975 - Construction on campus completed. Dedication ceremony attended by 1500 patrons.

1983 - Finger Lakes Performing Arts Center (later renamed Constellation Brands-Marvin Sands Performing Arts Center) is opened on the college campus.

1984 - Geneva Campus Center is opened.

1990 - Wayne County Campus Center is opened.

1992 - The college is renamed Finger Lakes Community College (FLCC).

2010 - Victor Campus Center is opened (Jan.); Academic Commons relocates to the Library (Sept.)

2011 - Basketball court is renamed Putt Moore Court. (Jan.)

2012 - The Student Center is opened on the Canandaigua Campus. (March)


 

 

  Welcome

Welcome to the FLCC College History Research Guide

FLCC

This guide uses items from FLCC's Library Archives to describe the history of the college. Photographs, articles, programs, documents and other materials dating from 1960 on have been uploaded and supplemented with descriptions in order to make the information available to students, faculty and the public.

Click through the tabs at the top to explore the founding and the history of the college, and please enjoy your tour!

 

Reflections on the College's History

The following document was created by Paul T. Phillips, instructor of Criminal Justice, to look back at FLCC's history. It gives a timeline, analyses, and first-hand accounts of the college from both historical and personal standpoints. Click the link below to open the file in a new tab.

Subject Guide

Profile Image
Anna Gossin
Contact Info
Charles J. Meder Library
Finger Lakes Community College
3325 Marvin Sands Drive
Canandaigua, NY 14424
Send Email

Subject Librarian

Profile Image
Sarah Moon
Contact Info
Director of Library Learning Resources
Charles J. Meder Library
Finger Lakes Community College
3325 Marvin Sands Drive
Canandaigua, NY 14424

585-785-1373
moonsj@flcc.edu
Send Email
 
Description

Loading  Loading...

Tip